Aurelien Tchouameni preference sees decision made for Monaco ace wanted by Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea

0

The future of Monaco midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni has apparently been determined after a report laid out the reasons for his decision.

The 22-year-old Frenchman is currently one of the hottest properties on the continent. Tchouameni mainly operates as a midfielder and has become an attacking team’s worst nightmare.

Indeed, ahead of this weekend’s fixtures, Tchouameni had made at least 13 more tackles and interceptions combined (131) than any other Ligue 1 player this season (via WhoScored).

It’s this defensive acumen that has seen French side Didier Deschamps’ regular emerge on the radars of England’s biggest clubs.

Indeed, Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea have all been linked with the versatile midfielder.

From Liverpool’s perspective, he was named as one of Julian Ward’s top summer targets – who will succeed Michael Edwards as the Reds’ main transfer operator this summer.

Blues boss Thomas Tuchel is said to have instructed Chelsea chief Marina Granovskaia with sabotaging this movement.

Man Utd, meanwhile, are set to target the central midfielder in the summer window and the Frenchman – valued around the £67million mark – is said to cost significantly less than fellow target Declan Rice.

Tchouameni, Monaco agree

However, depending on the objective (quoting a French media The 10 Sport), the trio is ready to find themselves empty-handed.

That’s because Tchouameni has reportedly decided that staying at Monaco for at least another six months beyond the current campaign is his best option.

His reasoning behind this notion stems from his World Cup ambitions. Tchouameni has racked up seven caps for Les Bleus since making his senior debut in 2021. With the World Cup due to take place later this year in Qatar, he doesn’t want to jeopardize his position by moving to a club where his minutes l took away. t be guaranteed.

Tchouameni is in competition with N’Golo Kante for a waiting place in the engine room. Given this extremely high level of competition, his reasoning is understandable.

As such, and given its vision, Goal say Monaco ‘will not consider’ selling their prized possession this summer.

But once the winter World Cup is over, speculation heading into the January window is likely to swirl, especially if he excels on the bigger stage.


Bukayo Saka, Conor Gallagher, Phil Foden and six other Young Player of the Year contenders


Man Utd plot Liverpool transfer hijacking

Meanwhile, Manchester United are looking to get one over Liverpool and are eyeing Jurgen Klopp’s side to sign Fabio Carvalho this summer.

The Reds had reached an agreement in principle to sign the 19-year-old striker in January. However, despite completing a medical, Liverpool were unable to apply the finishing touches before the window closed.

Either way, the widely held belief is that Liverpool will continue to actively pursue Carvalho. Indeed, the transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has reported that further talks with Carvalho have been planned for the start of the school year in February.

However, the Sunday of the Daily Stars reports that Manchester United are ready to launch a late move to hijack the deal.

They recently sent scouts to check on the 19-year-old in the FA Cup draw against Manchester City. And despite a 4-1 loss, Carvalho caught the eye, scoring the Cottagers’ only goal that day.

Since then, the newspaper claims United scouts have watched Carvalho twice more. And they are now planning a huge charm offensive to persuade the England U18 winger to move to Old Trafford.

However, the newspaper claim it is far from easy to lure Carvalho away from the clutches of those at Anfield. As well as already negotiating a fee, the newspaper claims Liverpool also have a special clause in place for Carvalho. This indicates that, in the likely event of promotion, Liverpool will allow Carvalho to return to Craven Cottage on a season-long loan.

The Red Devils would probably have to abide by the clause – put in place at Klopp’s insistence – if they want to watch them for Carvalho.

READ MORE: Luis Diaz gets ex-Liverpool striker stamp of approval as Reds transfer chiefs praise

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.